Centro Studi Subalpino, owned and managed by Emilio di Camillo, offers an updated panorama of the latest data on World Cars, Commercial Vehicles and Trucks Markets.
Automotive News on International Press
European Car Markets
European Trucks Markets
U.S. Trucks Market
Publishes studies on
Mobility and Environment
Logistics and Transport costs
Latest news (Update December 5, 2018)
- The Italian car market continues to decline in November: -6.3%
- Commercial vehicle registrations (<3.5) rise again in October in the EU + Efta: + 6.1%. Also a strong recovery in the demand for trucks (> 3.5): + 9.7%.
Download the Press Release
- The European car demand continues to contract: in October -7.4%.
- The strong recovery of the US heavy truck market (class 8) continues in October: an increase of 5.7% on September and a good 39.5% on October last year.
- Car sales in Europe fell dramatically in September (-23.4%), also due to the anomalous growth in August (+ 29.8%)
- Slight decline in September (-1.1%) of the heavy truck market (class 8), while in the cumulative continues the great recovery compared to last year
- New great leap forward in August of heavy trucks sales (class 8) in the US, up 15.8% compared to July.
- Updated to June 9 the latest economic indicators
- The trend of registrations of commercial vehicles (<3.5) in the EU+Eftawent negative in March: -2.5%. The rate of growth in demand for trucks (> 3.5) also fell sharply, with a decline of 3.2% in March
- Further and more severe decline in European car registrations in March: -5.7%
- Further significant increase in heavy truck sales (class 8) in the U.S. in February, up 15.4%
- New significant increase in sales of heavy trucks (class 8), in the U.S., up 26.8% compared to January last year.
- The trend of registrations of commercial vehicles (<3.5) in Europe fell in December: -3.9%. The drop in demand for trucks (> 3.5) increased, with a contraction in December of 6.8%.
- Update of the Leading Economic Indicators as of November 5, with latest projections by IMF
- The car market in the EU + Efta decelerated in December: -4.8% in the month (with 1.136.552 units registered), especially for one working day less. Total registrations increased by 3.3% over the previous year to 15,631,687 units, the fourth consecutive year of growth and highest value since 2007.
- Big increase in sales of heavy trucks (class 8) in the USA, up 27.8% compared to November and 43% compared to December 2016
- The upward trend of the European commercial vehicle market (<3.5) remained weak but
- The strong recovery in heavy truck sales (class 8) in the USA continued in November: even if down 2.5% from October, climbed 25.4% compared to November last year.
- The upward trend in the European commercial vehicle market (<3.5) continues to weaken: in September 2.2%. Also the demand trend of trucks (>3.5) continues to decrease, in September -6.5%
- Slowly slows the trend of car registration in the EU+Efta: in September -2%, with 1,466,336 registered vehicles.
- Remains sizeable car registrations rise on the Italian market: +8.1% with 166,956 units registered in September.
- The swinging monthly rate of increase of the heavy trucks market (Class 8) in the U.S. continues: in May a new climb to +16.5%
- Significant recovery of car registrations in the EU + EFTA (+ 7.7%) in May, with 1,433,236 units registered , a value that is recorded as the volume of registrations in May 2007, before the crisis hit the car market
-Significant drop of the EU+Efta Commercial Vehicle market (<3.5t) in April: -7.2%. The Trucks market (>3.5) also declined heavily, with a loss of 9.8%
- It slows dramatically the EU+Efta market for Commercial Vehicles (<3.5 t): + 3.1% in February. Also the growth of the truck market stopped in February
- Published in our site the 2017 edition of the World Production of Medium and heavy trucks
- PSA agrees to buy Opel in $2.3 billion deal